Board of Management December 2019 – 2023
Chairperson: Mr. Victor O’Flynn
Principal: Mrs. Noelle Lane
Patron Nominee: Fr. Aquin Casey
Teacher Nominee: Ms. Sarah Hanley
Parent Nominees: Mrs. Georgina Hamilton, Mr. David Doyle
Community Nominees: Mrs. Ursula Duffy, Mr. Mick Keating
Board of Management Meeting: 22nd June 2021
- Congratulations to Fiona O’Callaghan on her recent appointment as PDST Health and Wellbeing advisor commencing at the beginning of the school year 2021/2022. An Acting Principal will be appointed over the summer months.
- Best wishes to staff leaving St. Mary’s at the end of term: Eimhear Desmond, Eoin Hanrahan, Aoife Corcoran, Alison Kelly, Clíona Halley, Caroline Doyle and Aideen Walsh. The Board thanks them for their commitment to St. Mary’s and wishes them well in the furture.
- Congratulations and best wishes to Tony Kenneally, Principal St. Joseph’s NS, on his upcoming retirement.
- Congratulations and best wishes to Andrew Bowen, newly appointed principal of St. Joseph’s NS.
- Deepest sympathies to the Hughes family on the recent death of Patricia Hughes.
- The BoM ratified the following policies: Anti Bullying, Health and Safety, Digital Learning Plan, Data Protection.
- The BoM conducted the annual review of the anti-bullying policy and its implementation.
- The flooring in six classrooms upstairs in the Old Building will be replaced over the summer months.
- The remaining classes in the Old Building and some exterior areas will be painted over the summer months.
- The BoM thanks all families for their support and cooperation in relation to the adherence to health and safety measures this school year.
The BoM advises all parents the current Covid-19 safety measures in place will remain in place at the beginning of the next school year.
Agree Report- BoM Meeting: 27th April, 2021
Congratulations to Katie Hallahan and her husband Alan on the birth of their daughter Grace.
Congratulation to Grace Quinlan and her partner Paudie on their recent engagement.
Sincerest sympathy to Victor O’ Flynn on the recent death of his sister-in-law, Eleanor. May she rest in peace.
The BoM ratified the following policies:
- Child Safeguarding- Risk Assessment, Statement and Action Plan
- Policy on the Use of a school Facebook/Instagram account
- Guidelines on the Use of Zoom
- Droichead Policy: March 2021- June 2021
The BoM completed its annual review of the Child Safeguarding Statement
Work recently completed:
- Cleaning checklists monitored and regularly replenished
- PPE supplies regularly restocked
- Phone line repaired
- Roof tiles repaired- Old Building (hoist required)
- Flat roof repaired
- 4 classrooms in Old Building painted
- Doors in Old Building painted
- Quotes sought for exterior painting
- New Signage placed on New Building
- Fire Alarm and Emergency Lighting systems serviced
- Audit of Fire Extinguishers completed.
- Door- Rm 3: external handle and fire release installed
- Window latches repaired
- Front door repaired
Work to be completed during summer months:
- Painting of remaining rooms in Old Building
- Painting of exterior areas of school
- Replacement of flooring in upstairs rooms in Old Building
Agreed Report- BoM Meeting- Tuesday, 23rd February, 2021
- The BoM extends congratulation to pupils who received their First Holy Communion on 19th December
- The BoM extends congratulations to Karen Murphy on the birth of her daughter.
- The BoM extends congratulations to Hannah McCarthy on the birth of her daughter.
- The BoM extends condolences to Aideen Walsh on the recent death of her grandmother.
- The BoM extends condolences to Board of Management member recent Georgina Hamilton on the death of her sister, Natasha.
- The BoM wishes to thank all staff for their commitment and hard work during the period of remote teaching and learning.
- The BoM wishes to express it’ appreciation of staff for their engagement in continuous professional development, especially during the period of remote teaching and learning when the time pressures on staff were significant.
- The BoM reviewed Framework plan for phased return of Primary Education
- The BoM reviewed Summary of the required additions to the schools Covid19 Response Plan
- The BoM adopted updated Covid-19 Response Plan i.e. V3 2021
- The BoM noted updated Ventilation Guidelines issued 30th Nov 2020
- The BoM reviewed HSPC guidance issued January 2021
- The BoM reviewed the risk assessment prior to return to school.
- The BoM strongly requests that all stakeholders adhere rigorously be to all health and safety measures necessary at this time.
Agreed Report- Board of Management Meeting- Tuesday, 15th December, 2020
- The BoM commends and thanks all school staff for their hard work during this challenging term
- The BoM thank the parent body for their cooperation and for consistently following health and safety guidance over the past term
- The BoM thank the pupils of St. Mary’s for their adaptability and the resilience they have shown in term 1 this school year.
- The BoM is delighted to have received approval for funding for the replacement of the flooring in the 6 upstairs classrooms of the Old Building. Work will be completed next summer.
- The BoM congratulated all 3rd Class pupils who are die to received their First Holy Communion this Saturday, 19th
- The BoM has ratified the reviewed Acceptable Use Policy and advises all members of the school community to be familiar with its contents.
- The BoM wishes all members of the school community a happy, healthy and safe Christmas.
Board of Management Meeting: Tuesday, 29th September, 2020
- The BoM extends congratulations to class of 2020 on the occasion of their Confirmation.
- The BoM extends best wishes to pupils who will receive their First Holy Communion on 17th October
- The BoM extends best wishes to Fr. Kelleher on his retirement.
- The BoM extends congratulations and a big well done to the entire staff of St. Mary’s for their hard work and commitment at this time
- The BoM extends its deepest sympathies to the Deputy Principal of Walterstown NS, Catherine Lomas, on the recent death of her husband, Anthony.
- The BoM thanks the parent body for erring on the side of caution – keeping children home who are unwell, getting GP advice when they present with symptoms that may be consistent with Covid-19 and observing all the guidelines around isolation etc.
- The BoM has ratified the Mobile Phone and Electronic devices policy at The BoM meeting on 29th September. The updated policy is available to view on the school website.
Board of Management Meeting: Wednesday, 24th June, 2020
- Congratulation to Aoife Madine and her husband on the birth of their son.
- Congratulations to Mick Keating, school treasurer, and his wife on the birth of their daughter.
- The Board extend sympathies to Fr. Tom McDermott on the death of his mother. (card sent on behalf of BOM)
- The Board expresses thanks to teachers Emma Keating, Aoife Madine and Clíona Halley for their contribution and commitment to the school over the past year.
- The Board expresses thanks and congratulate the teaching staff of St. Mary’s for their commitment to the continuance of teaching and learning during the school closure.
- The Board wishes to congratulate Principal, Fiona O’Callaghan and the ISM team for coordinating efforts during the school closure.
- Summer Works project to upgrade the Life Safety Systems (Fire Alarm, Fire Detection and Emergency Lighting) to commence at the end of June.
- The Board of Management is aspiring to a full re-opening of the school on 27th August but this is dependent on adequate guidance being issued in a timely manner from the Department of Education and Skills. Adaptations to operational elements of the school may need to be made in order for the safe return of pupils and staff. Assistance and cooperation of the entire school community will be essential to ensure the safe re-opening of the school. Strong communication and a shared collaborative approach between the Board of Management, staff and parents will also be required to ensure a safe re-opening of the school.
Board of Management Meeting: Tuesday, 25th February, 2020
- The BOM commends the work of staff in preparation and completion of all Christmas activities including choir and class performances.
- The BOM extends best wishes to the 39 children who will receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation for the first time on Wednesday, 4th
- The BOM ratified the school calendar for 2020/2021. This will be shared with all parents in June 2020. The return date of 27th August will be shared with parents via Principal’s letter to parents in the coming days.
- The annual accounts for the school year 2018/2019 will be presented to FSSU before 28th The annual account to parents will be shared at the next Parents Association meeting.
- The BOM congratulates the Credit Union quiz teams on their recent success.
- The BOM wishes the Soccer and Camogie teams well in their upcoming matches.
- The BOM thanks the continued hard work of the PA in fundraising for the upgrade of ICT equipment.
- The BOM has appointed John Geaney as engineer to oversee the Summer Works Project of 2020.
Board of Management Meeting: Tuesday, 10th December, 2019
The Board of Management for 2019-2023 are:
Patron’s Nominees: Victor O’Flynn (Chairperson)
Fr. Aquin Casey
Community Nominees: Ursula Duffy
Mick Keating (Treasurer)
Parent Nominees: David Doyle
Teacher Nominee: Noelle Lane
Principal: Fiona O’Callaghan
- All members signed Form 2 as declaration of acceptance of membership of the school board of management.
- All members received copies of The Governance Manual 2019-2023
- The Board of Management thank the Parents’ Association for their fundraising efforts this term and commends them for the success of the Christmas Fayre.
- The Board of Management thanks all teaching staff, SNAs and ancillary staff for their hard work and commitment to St. Mary’s throughout term 1 of the school year.
- Funding has been secured to upgrade the life safety systems (fire alarm and emergency lighting) within the school. Work will be completed during the summer months.
- The Board of Management wishes the entire school community a happy and healthy Christmas and New Year.
Board of Management Meeting- Tuesday, 19th November, 2019
- The BOM extends sympathies to Mrs. Gaye Laffan on the death of her mother.
- The BOM extends sympathies to Mr. Edward Browne on the death of his mother
- The BOM extends congratulations to Mrs. Emer Kelly who recently graduated with a Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Leadership from UCC
- The BOM extends congratulations to Mrs. Norma Coughlan on 40 years of wonderful service to St. Mary’s as school secretary
- The BOM commends the work of staff, PA, and pupils in relation to preparation for and facilitating of a successful Open Evening.
- The BOM ratified the following policies: Mobile Phones and Electronic Devices, School Outings, Internet Acceptable Use. These will be available to be viewed on the school website or a hard copy obtained from the office on request from Wednesday, 26th
- The newly ratified Mobile Phone and Electronic Devices Policy will be communicated with all parents in November and enacted from Monday, 6th January, 2020.
Board of Management Meeting: 10th September 2019
- Congratulations to Shauna McElhinney on the occasion of her engagement to fiancée Michael
- Congratulations to Noelle Lane who was recently conferred with a Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Leadership
- Congratulations to Sarah Fitzgerald on her appointment as NIPT Associate
- The Board extends sympathies to Fr. John McCarthy on the death of his mother
- The Board extends best wishes to Fr. John as he commences a sabbatical on 21st
- The Board extends sympathies to the family and friends of past pupil and former colleague Gwen Brannigan
- The Board welcomes new staff member Ms. E. Keating and Ms. A. Madine
- The Board extends best wishes to the entire school community for the school year 2019/2020
Meeting: 11th June, 2019
- Division of classes and allocation of staff for school year 2019/2020 ratified
- Congratulations to PA for their work in fundraising for IT equipment
- Best wishes to Kay McEnery on her retirement
- Blinds to be fitted in all classes in New Building over summer months
- Kitchen units to be replaced in all classes in New Building over summer months
- Carpet to be replaced in Rm 15 over summer months
- Summer Works 2019: Remedial works to be commenced to Western and Northern elevations over summer months
- Purchase of new classroom furniture over summer months
- Two teachers to be appointed during summer months: 1 mainstream teacher to cover Ms.Morris’ career break and 1 Special Education Teacher to cover Ms. Bruton’s secondment.
- On review of Leadership and Management reports the Board of Management commends the Leadership and Management team of St. Mary’s NS for their hard work and their significant imput on a successful school year.
- The Board of Management commends the school’s efforts to advance ICT resources within the school and supports the purchase of 2 new IFS boards and 6 i-pads.
- THE BOM reviewed and ratified the Child safeguarding Statement and Risk Assessment.
- The BOM reviewed and ratified the Anti-Bullying Policy.
- The Board of Management welcomes the appointment of Sophie Kelleher as permanent member of staff.
- The BOM congratulates the children who received their First Holy Communion on Saturday, 25th May
- The BOM congratulates pupil Lily Burke who won the ‘Pick Up After Your Dog Poster Competition’ which resulted in Lily burke receiving €100 and the school receiving €400
- The BOM wishes all involved in the establishment of the Library best wishes for the library opening on 13th June.
Meeting: Tuesday, 26th March, 2019,
- The BOM wishes to thank the PA for their continued efforts to fundraise for school resources, in particular for their recent efforts to fundraise for IT equipment.
- The BOM of St. Mary’s NS has received grant approval for a Summer Works project due to commence in July of 2019 which was applied for in November 2015. History of the Project: The southern elevation of the old school building of St. Mary’s NS, which is a protected structure, was extensively renovated during the summer of 2014. It was noted at the time that the eastern elevation, western elevation and northern elevation of the same building had similar defects. It was not feasible for these works to be carried out at this time. Funding has now been granted, in part, to complete the work required on the eastern, western and northern elevations. The project will consist of underpinning works, removal and replacement of render, window lintols and guttering where needed and associated works.
- The BOM has accepted the resignation of Ms. Orla Buckley. Ms. Buckley has been teaching in the Middle East for the past 5 years. The BOM wishes her well in the future.
- The BOM received notification from Mrs. Kay McEnery of her intended retirement at the end of the school year. The BOM thanks Mrs. McEnery for her work in St. Mary’s and wishes her well as she commences the new chapter of her life.
Board of Management:
Agreed report from Meeting held on Tuesday, 29th January, 2019
- The Board of Management congratulates and thanks all the staff of St. Mary’s NS for their hard work and commitment in preparing and producing three wonderful Christmas Concert performances.
- The Board of Management congratulates and thanks the Parents Association for their work in fundraising for the library.
- The Board of Management thanks and congratulates Ms. Sarah Fitzgerald for her work in planning and organizing the fit out of the new library units.
- The Board of Management ratified the schools Relationship and Sexuality Education policy and the Social, Personal and Health Education Policy. The Board thanks the staff for their collaborative work in revising these policies.
Meeting, 20th November, 2018
- The Board of Management congratulations Ms. Fitzgerald and the assisting parents on the success of the Book Fair.
- The Board of Management congratulates Ms. McElhinney, Ms. Walsh, Ms. Hanley and all the children involved on the success of being crowned Sciath na Scol football champions
- The Board of Management thanks Fr. Liam Kelleher for his time, input and encouragement during the schools Sciath na Scol campaign.
- The Board of Management wishes all staff and children best wishes in their preparations for the Christmas Concerts.
Board of Management Meeting, 12th September, 2018
- The Board of Management welcomes all new staff members to the school.
- The Board of Management welcomes all new children and their parents/guardians to the school
- The Board of Management commends the work achieved in the school over the summer months. Work carried out included:
- Double glazed windows fitted- lower floor Old Building,
- Coat Hooks and Noticeboards fitted- Old Building lower and upper floors
- Painting of Library
- Carpeting of Library
- Deep clean of entire school
- Carpeting of office areas
- 9 new PCs installed in Computer Room
- Completion of painting of corridors- New Building
- New filing system established
- Classrooms arrangements altered to allow for change in classroom purpose. (Room 2, 5, 14)
- Commencement of G Suite for Education set-up
- The Board of Management congratulates and thanks the Parents Association for their sterling work in fundraising for the new school library.
- Policy development plan for 2018-2019 ratified
- The Board of Management wishes to advertise the availability of the school hall for after-school activities. Any group interested in renting the hall for an after-school activity should email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Board of Management commends the work of the staff and sends best wishes to the teaching staff and school leaders in advance of the Curricular Evaluation in Science commencing 13th