Board of Management December 2015 – 2019
Chairperson: Mr. John Fitzpatrick,
Principal: Mrs. Fiona O’Callaghan
Patron Nominee: Fr. Aquin Casey
Teacher Nominee: Mrs. Noelle Lane
Parent Nominees: Mrs. Colette Brennan, Mr. Stephen Mulcahy
Community Nominees: Mrs. Ursula Duffy, Ms. Victor O’Flynn
Board of Management Meeting- Tuesday, 19th November, 2019
- The BOM extends sympathies to Mrs. Gaye Laffan on the death of her mother.
- The BOM extends sympathies to Mr. Edward Browne on the death of his mother
- The BOM extends congratulations to Mrs. Emer Kelly who recently graduated with a Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Leadership from UCC
- The BOM extends congratulations to Mrs. Norma Coughlan on 40 years of wonderful service to St. Mary’s as school secretary
- The BOM commends the work of staff, PA, and pupils in relation to preparation for and facilitating of a successful Open Evening.
- The BOM ratified the following policies: Mobile Phones and Electronic Devices, School Outings, Internet Acceptable Use. These will be available to be viewed on the school website or a hard copy obtained from the office on request from Wednesday, 26th
- The newly ratified Mobile Phone and Electronic Devices Policy will be communicated with all parents in November and enacted from Monday, 6th January, 2020.
Board of Management Meeting: 10th September 2019
- Congratulations to Shauna McElhinney on the occasion of her engagement to fiancée Michael
- Congratulations to Noelle Lane who was recently conferred with a Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Leadership
- Congratulations to Sarah Fitzgerald on her appointment as NIPT Associate
- The Board extends sympathies to Fr. John McCarthy on the death of his mother
- The Board extends best wishes to Fr. John as he commences a sabbatical on 21st
- The Board extends sympathies to the family and friends of past pupil and former colleague Gwen Brannigan
- The Board welcomes new staff member Ms. E. Keating and Ms. A. Madine
- The Board extends best wishes to the entire school community for the school year 2019/2020
Meeting: 11th June, 2019
- Division of classes and allocation of staff for school year 2019/2020 ratified
- Congratulations to PA for their work in fundraising for IT equipment
- Best wishes to Kay McEnery on her retirement
- Blinds to be fitted in all classes in New Building over summer months
- Kitchen units to be replaced in all classes in New Building over summer months
- Carpet to be replaced in Rm 15 over summer months
- Summer Works 2019: Remedial works to be commenced to Western and Northern elevations over summer months
- Purchase of new classroom furniture over summer months
- Two teachers to be appointed during summer months: 1 mainstream teacher to cover Ms.Morris’ career break and 1 Special Education Teacher to cover Ms. Bruton’s secondment.
- On review of Leadership and Management reports the Board of Management commends the Leadership and Management team of St. Mary’s NS for their hard work and their significant imput on a successful school year.
- The Board of Management commends the school’s efforts to advance ICT resources within the school and supports the purchase of 2 new IFS boards and 6 i-pads.
- THE BOM reviewed and ratified the Child safeguarding Statement and Risk Assessment.
- The BOM reviewed and ratified the Anti-Bullying Policy.
- The Board of Management welcomes the appointment of Sophie Kelleher as permanent member of staff.
- The BOM congratulates the children who received their First Holy Communion on Saturday, 25th May
- The BOM congratulates pupil Lily Burke who won the ‘Pick Up After Your Dog Poster Competition’ which resulted in Lily burke receiving €100 and the school receiving €400
- The BOM wishes all involved in the establishment of the Library best wishes for the library opening on 13th June.
Meeting: Tuesday, 26th March, 2019,
- The BOM wishes to thank the PA for their continued efforts to fundraise for school resources, in particular for their recent efforts to fundraise for IT equipment.
- The BOM of St. Mary’s NS has received grant approval for a Summer Works project due to commence in July of 2019 which was applied for in November 2015. History of the Project: The southern elevation of the old school building of St. Mary’s NS, which is a protected structure, was extensively renovated during the summer of 2014. It was noted at the time that the eastern elevation, western elevation and northern elevation of the same building had similar defects. It was not feasible for these works to be carried out at this time. Funding has now been granted, in part, to complete the work required on the eastern, western and northern elevations. The project will consist of underpinning works, removal and replacement of render, window lintols and guttering where needed and associated works.
- The BOM has accepted the resignation of Ms. Orla Buckley. Ms. Buckley has been teaching in the Middle East for the past 5 years. The BOM wishes her well in the future.
- The BOM received notification from Mrs. Kay McEnery of her intended retirement at the end of the school year. The BOM thanks Mrs. McEnery for her work in St. Mary’s and wishes her well as she commences the new chapter of her life.
Board of Management:
Agreed report from Meeting held on Tuesday, 29th January, 2019
- The Board of Management congratulates and thanks all the staff of St. Mary’s NS for their hard work and commitment in preparing and producing three wonderful Christmas Concert performances.
- The Board of Management congratulates and thanks the Parents Association for their work in fundraising for the library.
- The Board of Management thanks and congratulates Ms. Sarah Fitzgerald for her work in planning and organizing the fit out of the new library units.
- The Board of Management ratified the schools Relationship and Sexuality Education policy and the Social, Personal and Health Education Policy. The Board thanks the staff for their collaborative work in revising these policies.
Meeting, 20th November, 2018
- The Board of Management congratulations Ms. Fitzgerald and the assisting parents on the success of the Book Fair.
- The Board of Management congratulates Ms. McElhinney, Ms. Walsh, Ms. Hanley and all the children involved on the success of being crowned Sciath na Scol football champions
- The Board of Management thanks Fr. Liam Kelleher for his time, input and encouragement during the schools Sciath na Scol campaign.
- The Board of Management wishes all staff and children best wishes in their preparations for the Christmas Concerts.
Board of Management Meeting, 12th September, 2018
- The Board of Management welcomes all new staff members to the school.
- The Board of Management welcomes all new children and their parents/guardians to the school
- The Board of Management commends the work achieved in the school over the summer months. Work carried out included:
- Double glazed windows fitted- lower floor Old Building,
- Coat Hooks and Noticeboards fitted- Old Building lower and upper floors
- Painting of Library
- Carpeting of Library
- Deep clean of entire school
- Carpeting of office areas
- 9 new PCs installed in Computer Room
- Completion of painting of corridors- New Building
- New filing system established
- Classrooms arrangements altered to allow for change in classroom purpose. (Room 2, 5, 14)
- Commencement of G Suite for Education set-up
- The Board of Management congratulates and thanks the Parents Association for their sterling work in fundraising for the new school library.
- Policy development plan for 2018-2019 ratified
- The Board of Management wishes to advertise the availability of the school hall for after-school activities. Any group interested in renting the hall for an after-school activity should email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Board of Management commends the work of the staff and sends best wishes to the teaching staff and school leaders in advance of the Curricular Evaluation in Science commencing 13th